A downloadable book
An add-on system for resource management & survival-horror in DeScriptors.
Get the core rules for free at DeScriptorsRPG.com.
DeScriptors' transformational character arcs are already a resource management system of a sort, as you balance success and failure to discover who your character becomes. Now it's time to do so under penalty of death, delirium, dismemberment, or...some other D words, probably!
Survive adds resource tracks to your DeScriptors characters, which will ramp up the tension as you run low on food, supplies, money, or whatever's important to your setting of choice. A simple dice + time interval system ensures the heat is on! Meanwhile, the players can rely on a homebase (if they can safeguard it!) or go scrounging for more resources (at the cost of gaining new adjectives to ensure later success!)...but that's only a temporary solution!
NOTE: These rules are in BETA and are offered as Pay What You Want. Enjoy it for free, if you'd like! That said, once we make $25 off this release, we will incorporate these rules into a setting (or several) with loads of examples and options, including a potential DeScriptors: Horror variant. This also ensures the system will be playtested, finalized, and published in a future DeScriptors book!
WHAT YOU GET:
- A high-stakes resource management rule variant add-on for DeScriptors RPG that fits on a business card.
- Included are a PDF version as well as a high resolution image version.
- We've also added a printer-friendly 8.5x11 version.
- If enough folks like you support this release, it gets expanded and improved!
- We value your feedback as we playtest these rules. Comment here or drop us a line at DeScriptorsRPG.com.
Created by Matthew Bannock
Developed by Tim Bannock for the #pleasurecardrpg jam on itch.io
Image by Andreea C from Pixabay
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.